Translate

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Pile of Errors

For those who have been inspired to give tatting a try, and lest you think I've had no trouble learning, I give you this:


It's the pile of scraps and pieces I've been tossing aside when I've made failures I felt I couldn't back out of. Luckily my skills at "retro-tatting", as one Craftree forum member calls it, (that's meticulously picking out mistakes), have grown and that means less and less thread is being sacrificed to the scrap heap. I'm likely making almost as many mistakes, usually the result of a moment's foolish inattention, but now I spend ages picking the errors out rather than tossing the entire piece away in frustration. 

Just thought you should know in case you're giving this a try and judging yourself harshly based on your perception of my progress. Ha!

But for all those errors I do keep persevering. Tatting is challenging, fun, and occasionally there is a worthy end product. 



3 comments:

Gene Black said...

If I learn something too easily, I rarely stick with it. I think the challenge is part of the reason I enjoy things.

God's Kid said...

Wonderful Ice Drop!! :)

Marlene said...

Thanks God's Kid. This one went to a granddaughter. She was very pleased to have it.