Translate

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Elfonda's New Outfit

My sewing project from last week. Just got around to photographing it now.


The blouse pattern is "Heaven Sent" by Adams-Harris. 


A lot of work to that pattern! Front facing/faux button-band, 4 rows of elastic shearing at the waist, sleeves that are puffed at the shoulder and gathered with elastic at the arm, buttons and snaps to sew on.



It will be a while before I try that one again. One must allow time to forget labor before they attempt delivery again.




The pants pattern is "Off the Top", also by Adams-Harris. The fit is excellent and they were easy to sew.



This is her sixth pair! She now has yellow, orange, white, hot pink, red (which I haven't photographed yet) and navy blue (which she acquired from a previous Minifee).




She has a better wardrobe than I do!





3 comments:

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What a cute outfit! I love the running in the top. :)

Mokki said...

What a pretty blouse. It looks like it was well worth the effort, it fits her beautifully. Infact, I wish I had a blouse like that!

Marlene said...

Thanks Ruinwen. That little detail was a lot of work!

I did have a blouse something like that when I was a teenager Mokki, but it was black and had long sleeves. While the nipped in waist looked great if I lifted my arms the shirt tended to stay up due to the elastic, so it was a bit fussy to wear.