Translate

Friday, April 25, 2014

Snail Trails 'n' Bunny Tails

Last week, in preparation for a guild meeting, I quickly warped up my small Ashford Sample-It Loom so I'd have something to do during the meeting. I just grabbed yarns I had on hand and that seemed to go together okay. I never did get around to posting pictures of the project on the loom. So here's what it looked like in progress:

Perked up plain weave

After I had worked on it for a while I realized that I had gotten the poof-ball yarn unevenly placed. I decided to remedy that by making it asymmetrical with an embellishment that is a straight line on one side and a wiggly snail trail on the other.

Snail Trails 'n' Bunny Tails

I'm quite pleased with the way the work around turned out.

Snail Trails 'n' Bunny Tails

I think the accent makes the scarf more interesting than it might otherwise be.

Snail Trails 'n' Bunny Tails

I named the finished scarf "Snail Trails 'n' Bunny Tails". If it passes inspection by the guild standards and is accepted it might make it to the guild's 40th Anniversary celebration. It will depend on how many entries they get I would imagine.


No comments: