Translate

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Coordinating Halves

The warp chain I made and photographed on Monday is now sleyed through the reed.

Another angle.

----- But I made a silly miscalculation and only had half my warp. Not wanting to repeat the same sequence for the second half I came up with an entirely different plan.

I took the same colours and arranged them in a gradually transitioning colour blend.

Continuing On

Should be "interesting" to see how the two ideas sit together. I think with a Saori playfulness in the weft I'll be able to make it work.


2 comments:

Jen said...

It seems to me this spontaneity/creativity is really the definition of SAORI! I think it will be lovely.

Marlene said...

Thanks for your vote of confidence Jen. The great thing about weaving tea towels is that even if they aren't perfect, or even beautiful, they are still functional and can be used. I'm feeling pretty optimistic about these though.