Translate

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Another Dress for the Birthday Girl

MH dress, front

I managed to get a second crocheted dress done in time for my granddaughter's fourth birthday, which is today.

detail

I added ribbon, beads, and a crocheted flower to this one.

MH dress, side

I hope she's happy with them.

 MH dress, back

Later today I'll see if I can get a picture of them on her doll, a brand new Ghoulia Yelps, Monster High doll. This one, "Cleo de Nile", is actually mine. I bought her a while back to serve as a size model when I'm making clothes for my two granddaughters' growing collection.

3 comments:

dynnamae said...

Hi Marlene. You make such beautiful fashion clothes for all your dolls and your lucky granddaughters too. Looking at this doll and her dress, takes me back to the 70s and early 80s when I was sewing and crocheting clothes for my neices Barbie dolls. I love all these lovely clothes you make. Have a great birthday with your granddaughter today.

Marlene said...

Thank you for the kind complement, dynnamae.

I made Barbie clothing for my own two daughters as they were growing up in the 80's too. It was never as spectacular as the collection my mother made for me though. Growing up in the 60's I had a huge box of hand knit Barbie clothes and was the envy of all my friends.

Apparently these strange "Monster High" dolls are more popular with the young girls now than the Barbies.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work Marlene!!! Aren't granddaughters the greatest?!
Carol s