Translate

Friday, February 02, 2007

Finished Culdesac

Pardon the horrible photography, but these are about the best of the bunch and I'm not in the mood to keep trying. Unfortunately the pictures really do not do the vest justice. It is truly beautiful. I love the color, the fit, and the design.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I found the pattern a bit difficult to follow. No errors in the pattern, but a lot of "And at the same time". There was one point where I was shaping the neck AND the armhole while twisting cables in different directions on different rows, and following directions that told me to "reverse all shaping" which in themselves were "shape as for right side of back" and so forth. In the end I had to resort to writing all the shaping directions, with the cable twists included, out on the computer and then following them line by line through all the various things I was to be doing on each row. It worked. The vest turned out fantastic!

Despite my normal aversion to knitting the same item more than once, I might tackle this one again some day --- perhaps in handspun next time.

12 comments:

PJ said...

veeeery cute vest!!!!

Lauri said...

The vest is beautiful. Sorry to hear about the difficulties with the pattern.

Dave said...

It's gorgeous, and those cable details are very classy. Kudos to you for figuring out the directions -- they sound like a migraine in the making!

~Kristie said...

WOW! That vest is stunning and you look beautiful in that color! That was very brilliant of you to write out all the directions first to make sure you didn't miss something on each row. CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

Marlene,

I love your vest! It looks great! Well done! funny I like your photos better than the ones you posted earlier or gave a link to!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous!! It looks great on you-perfect fit

Carrie said...

Oh, your vest is beautiful! Really great work. Congrats on muddling through all those directions, it was well worth it!

dragon knitter said...

bellissima!

that is stunning. i would LOVE to see it in handspun!

Sharon in Surrey said...

I LOVE the vest! And it looks very nice on you - well worth all the nasty words you chanted over it . . .

Michelle said...

Your vest is gorgeous on you! Makes me want to knit another one in the colour you chose.

The directions were a headache in some areas, weren't they. Definitely worth it though.

AlisonH said...

That's absolutely gorgeous. And I love that baby jumper! I found when my kids were tiny that, midway through the day each day, I would suddenly notice I had dressed them in the same colors I was wearing, without even realizing it. So--does that mean there needs to be a Mom jumper like that too?

Dorothy said...

Beautiful!! I found the same issues with the pattern. But I would definitely consider making it again. It's one of my favorite knitted garments to wear.