Translate

Thursday, October 13, 2005

470 gm

Done! I've made it to the bottom of a huge bag of grey wool rovings from Seabird Island reserve.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That's 470gm (just over a pound) of 3 ply, 13WPI (a little thicker than sportsweight, not quite as thick as DK) wool. When I originally purchased the grey rovings I also bought a bag of natural and a bag of dark brown planning to do a fairisle sweater or two. Now I am finding the three types of roving all spin up quite differently and I think I will find it difficult to get the other two to match in weight. Sooooo, I shall set this aside for now and see what it decides it wants to be later.

In the meantime I am knitting a lace shawl with wool-mohair 2ply I spun from some lovely roving I was given in May.

1 comment:

kristo said...

Wow Mom, that's a LOT of spinning, I'm impressed! It all looks so even too!