Translate

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Back On Track

The Peacock Feathers Shawl is back to row 166 and has a lifeline safely in place. Whew! You may recall that it was tossed in the corner for a Time-Out for bad behavior back on July 30th. I picked it up again Sunday, redid 6 of the rows and once again lost it. It was even for the same reason! I was undoing a misplaced centered double decrease and dropped one of the stitches. I angrily tossed it aside again for a few hours but then grit my teeth and ripped back, once again, to the lifeline.

Rows 157 to 161 have now been knit 3 times in total and I have gone on further, to row 166, and put in another lifeline. I WAS putting in the lifelines only at the top of each graph, but the next row is the one that I originally had problems with and I just could not bear losing 10 rows again! Better safe than sorry....
..........oh so very, very, major hissy-fit sorry!

2 comments:

dragon knitter said...

i'm glad to hear you conquered the peacock. i can't wait to see it

Anonymous said...

My sympathies. I have just frogged an eyelet pullover for the hm#@!!%# time, and can only dream about taking on a scarf or shawl in a lace pattern! So far I have forstalled the hissy fit, but it is waiting in the wings...