Translate

Saturday, September 25, 2004

GPC complete

I went into Vancouver yesterday on a bit of a pleasure trip and stopped at Dressew to look for a zipper. They have the largest selection of notions I have ever seen so I was pretty sure it would be worth the stop. I was right. I found exactly the right length of zipper and it was even available in an appropriate shade of green.

After finishing the collar for the second time and putting the zipper in, also for the second time, I have now completed the Green Possum Cardi. It fits great and I am very happy with the results. It is a very simple design, but with such a kitten-soft yarn simple seemed best.



I am particularly proud of the finishing job, so I will also show you the INSIDE.



The zipper is hand sewn and the collar is folded over and then the live stitches are crocheted to the inner, picked up edge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good, Marlene. I have yet to make a full sized sweater.

Barbara

http://sermomknits.blog-city.com/

Michelle said...

The cardigan looks great! I'm glad you were able to find an appropriate zipper...have you given thought about zippers for the Rogue? I'm making my next Rogue a cardigan and don't know if I should get a zipper first, or wait until I've finished knitting...I'm having a, what came first, the zipper or the cardigan, dilemma.