Translate

Friday, January 27, 2017

Draculaura Would Love It

This recently completed cowl and hat set reminds me of the colours worn by Monster High's Draculaura. I shall refrain from naming it that though since I don't want to invite licencing related law suits.


I had been babysitting my 7 year old granddaughter one day and after a lengthy session of "Monster High", where I was assigned the Draculaura doll, I had had enough and just needed a quiet evening weaving. As a child I happily played Barbie's for hours on end. My tolerance as an adult is considerably less.  


As supper cooked I wound a warp. In the early evening I got the warp threaded and sleyed and then later transferred to the loom and beamed, tied on, and tensioned. 


It wasn't until I had woven a few inches that I suddenly realized what the warp was reminding me of!



Draculaura of course! Her default outfit is raspberry pink and black. D'oh! 


Despite my initial aversion I carried on, and I must say I am very pleased with the result.


The hat and cowl are listed separately at my Etsy shop, Wovenflame.






3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Sometimes inspiration seeps in quietly on little cat feet. It sounds like that is what happened to you.

Dynna said...

I love these colors and they both turned out so pretty.

Marlene said...

It does, doesn't it Gene. I heard it said once that no one creates in a vacuum, that they have always picked up some sort of inspiration along the way, sometimes unknowingly.

Thanks dynnamae. I'm quite pleased with it.