Translate

Monday, August 05, 2013

Bold Expression of Self

Trying my hand at a little Saori inspired weaving.

a5783

It isn't considered actual "Saori weaving" unless it is done on a true Saori loom.

a5781

This was done on my little Ashford Sample-It Loom so it is only "Saori style".

a5774

But I think I've done a good job of capturing the spirit of the technique,

a5763

which is a freedom of expression and a no rules way of spontaneous weaving.

a5780

The philosophy of SAORI Weaving and way of living.

1. Consider the differences between a machine and a human being

2. Be bold and adventurous

3. Look out through eyes that shine

4. Inspire one another, and everyone in the group

by Misao Jo, founder of Saori

a5772

I really enjoyed weaving this little neck piece. I stayed up far later than normal just "playing".

a5770

I think I will enter it in the fall fair.

a5766

Not with any expectation of winning anything of course, for by all the "rules" of weaving this would be an astounding "FAIL".

a5789

But its freedom of expression sings to my soul.   :-)



2 comments:

Jen said...

What a gorgeous piece!

Dustbunnie said...

I think it's lovely!