Translate

Friday, August 08, 2008

Comfortable If Not Stylin'

Although I have knit myself nice sweaters and hoodies and I own a perfectly good robe, around the house when I'm chilly, I find myself most often reaching for my comfy, over sized, plaid flannel shirt.

This isn't my first. I've repurposed my husband's cast off work shirts before. It all started with one that he wore the elbows out of. I intended to use it as a "painting shirt" and cut the sleeves off above those worn out elbows. It wasn't long before I realized I had a really good thing going there. These flannel shirts aren't just comfortable, they are also comfortING, like a baby's blankie, they feel like a warm snuggly hug.

This time I have acquired a perfectly good shirt to make over. It's not even worn out yet! My husband weeded this one out of his closet saying that it was too small. With the additon of a bit of fleece bias binding (sleeves still needed to be cropped to a functional-on-me length), I've claimed it as my own......and the old tattered one with the cut off frayed sleeves can now retire with honor.

1 comment:

Maggie Ann said...

That WOULD be cosy and comforting. You are so creative! NIce...=)