Translate

Thursday, July 12, 2007

All Buttoned Up

It fits!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I added three more buttons than called for in the pattern. No one needs to see my grandmotherly navel.

Nicole Vest (pattern by Bonne Marie Burns for "Chic Knits").

For size 36.5 (with added length) I used almost 4 balls (50g each) of James C. Brett "Kool Kotton", 50% cotton/50% acrylic, machine washable DK.

Knitpicks circular needles in sizes 3.25mm and 3mm.

Modifications: Added one inch to the length.

Changes I would make if I knit this again: I would add the one inch above the row of waist eyelets instead of just above the bottom lace edging. This would make the eyelet row sit more at my waist than slightly above it. I would also add about 1/2 an inch to the shoulder straps so that the underarm was slightly lower.

14 comments:

dragon knitter said...

hard to believe you're a grandmother in that vest. woohoo! it and you look mahvelous!

Anonymous said...

I agree with your assesment on what you would change for the next time. I am really glad to see it knitted up and it looks lovely on you!

Maggie Ann said...

How dainty ....the pattern is beautiful...and your knitting skills are awesome...smile.

Anonymous said...

Great work as always! Love the photos of your grandaughter---she is so sute!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful work you do. I have just started knitting again after 10+ yrs. Your work definitely inspires me.

Kathy

Unknown said...

simply stunning! (and looks darn good on you as well)

Michelle said...

I ditto dragon knitter...hard to believe you're a grandmother in that vest. You look fantastic in it. Very pretty.

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

That vest fits you perfectly! You both look beautiful! :)

Vicki Knitorious said...

It looks great, Marlene! And so do you -- fantastic!

Did I tell you? I finally did it... TKGA Master Knitting Level One, underway!

Marlene said...

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Your comments add to the joy of a successful project!

Monika said...

Oh wow, that fits you perfectly! It's a gorgeous summer tank!

Romi said...

It looks great on you!

Sharon in Surrey said...

Not too shabby for a Granny!! And the vest is gorgeous. Go Granny Go!

Anonymous said...

I so agree with dragon knitter. You don't look like a grandmother at all. The vest is beautiful and you compliment it as well. Congrats for a job well done. Thanks for including adjustments you would make another time.