Translate

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Progress Post

The spindle spun hat is progressing nicely, albeit slowly. It has occurred to me that I have never before spun for an article AS it was being made. Usually, so that I am sure I have enough, I spin the entire project's worth before beginning to knit/crochet. Hats don't take much yarn and I know I have way more than enough of the purple/pink rovings to make the hat so I am spinning as I go. One or two more cop's worth should just about do it. Cop #2 took me through rows 15 through 27 and I have about 10 more (ever expanding) rows to go.

My husband's handspun pullover is also seeing some progress. The front and back are complete. I'm working on the neckband now and it's looking really nice. I'll be working the sleeves from the top down so that I can customize the length to his preference.

So that the spinning of the grey NZ fleece can continue in the evenings, I have been combing the wool each afternoon for a couple of hours. I find that the combing and the spinning tend to take and equal amount of time. If I comb for two hours I will have enough wool prepared so that I can spin for two hours.

4 comments:

Rabbitch said...

Oh man, to have enough time to comb for two hours AND spin for two hours all in the same day!

I'm looking forward to seeing the results of your efforts.

dragon knitter said...

i'm with janice. what luxury! granted, i can't spin here, cuz mark smokes, and most of what i'm spinning is for charity. febreeze only works so long.

sounds like fun, though.

Marlene said...

Rabbitch and Minnie, when I left the work-for-money scene a few years ago there were a few people who expressed the concern that I might "be bored" and not know what to do with myself. Bwahahaha! NEVER! I still don't seem to have enough time in a day to do all the things I would like to be doing.

I truly appreciate being given the time and opportunity to follow my passion for the fiber arts.

Maggie Ann said...

I love seeing what you are doing and besides that you are a great teacher!!! I'm off to email you right now. =)