Translate

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

All Saints' Cookies

The day after Halloween. Too much candy hanging around. Either your kids brought home too much, or you didn't give out enough, but the sad fact is you are faced with a mountain of sweets. Time to make "All Saints' Cookies" (named for the day after Halloween, "All Saints Day").

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(The shiney spots you see on the cookies are are crunchy, peanut brittle like toffee bits.)

These yummy cookies (my own original, just thought it up today, recipe) have a delicious peanut butter and toffee taste due to the unusual ingredient (Wunderbar* and Crispy Crunch* candy bars).

*Apparently these Cadbury brand bars are only available in Canada.*
Canadians, be proud, raise your cookie and say "Eh!".
Those outside Canada could try other crunchy style bars. Sorry.

All Saints Cookies
Cream 1 1/2 c. shortening, 1 1/2 c. brown sugar, 3/4 c. sugar, 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Add 3 eggs and beat well.
Combine 3 c. flour, 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1 1/2 tsp. salt; add to creamed mixture.
Stir in 1 1/2 c. chopped nuts and 3 c. of coarsely chopped candy bars. (I used Wunderbar and Crispy Crunch.)
Drop by teaspoonful onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees F. for 8 - 10 minutes.
Cool slightly before removing from pan. Makes 8 dozen.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I routinely buy up the bags of small bars to bring back with me for Crunchie and Coffee Crisp. I never knew they were only in Canada until I moved to the US. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

MARLENE: HELP PLEASE - I don't understand something about the cupcake hat. I REALLY want to make one. My problem is that I don't understand how the stitches for the nubble would be on the left hand needle; does she mean the right hand needle...that you put the few stitches on??? If she does mean the left needle HUH do you turn it around...WAAAAAAA...I am confused.

P.S. Cookies look good too btw.

Sincerely,
Suzanne