Translate

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Fun Fur vs Eye Lash

Michelle commented: "I think I can just take a plain sweater pattern and add the fur as trim on the cuffs and hem...possibly manage a different style collar to add the fur there as well."

Michelle, is this the kind of thing you had in mind?



I made this a while back (still no buttons) doing the exact thing you are talking about. I simply knitted "Fun Fur" on the cuffs (no ribbing) and collar of a plain sweater pattern. I think it turned out rather well, but won't really be sure until I see it on an actual child. I just made it because I liked the yarn.

The pink and white baby sweater is being done in the opposite way. The trim is in the smoother pink, and the main portion is knit in "Bernat Eye Lash" yarn. The pattern calls for the body to be knit in stockinette, but I found that all the fluff was more prominent on the purl side so I am doing it in reverse stockinette instead.

I really love this "Bernat Eye Lash" yarn. It is so soft! I wish they had a better color selection locally. (I see now that there is a better selection of colors through their internet site.) There are only about four colors available here and only the white is even remotely acceptable for a baby. The "LionBrand Fun Fur" I used in the yellow sweater comes in many more colors but was not nearly so soft and pleasant to work with.

In Rogue News: I am on row 38 (of 82 rows) of the hood. I have to print another copy of the hood graphs. I realized last night that I have the right and left sides of Chart C printed on opposite sides of the same piece of paper. That doesn't work so well when you are keeping track of your rows with a magnetic board! I won't bother posting a photo until the hood is done.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about. But, now I see that the sweater you're making is in the reverse...fur as the body of the sweater and regular trim. I could probably wing that too.

I love your yellow sweater with the fur cuffs and collar. I think I'll wing something like that first.